Are you ready to join the Bidnamic family?
We are seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to join our team in Leeds (remote position possible). You will be working alongside the CTO and COO to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive, build and scale the next generation of eCommerce marketing platform.
In this role, you will have the opportunity of working in a small team of exceptionally talented and driven individuals who are all making a massive impact on our business. There is no micromanaging or babysitting at Bidnamic, everyone here drives their own ideas all the way from start to finish, everyone is given an equal opportunity to flourish and see the fruits of their labour.
What is Bidnamic?
Bidnamic is a marketing technology platform that helps retailers unlock the full potential of Google Shopping. Our platform provides retailers with an unfair advantage on Google Shopping, significantly increasing market share by outranking competitors and increasing revenue. Our precision bid management increases efficiency of ad spend, thus lowering costs to acquire the right customers.
Bidnamic achieves this by applying machine learning to profile every product SKU in the retail catalogue, predicting its true bid value algorithmically. Real-time performance analysis and high-frequency bid management react at the speed of the market, unlocking the full revenue potential of every product.
Bidnamic was born out of necessity whilst scaling our own eCommerce venture and we are now working with an initial cohort of leading retailers – where we are already delivering a 60% increase in revenue! We are just at the beginning of this journey and this creates an exciting opportunity for your work to have a huge impact.
We are backed by notable Investors, including the board advisor to Net-A-Porter, Co-Founder of Booking.com – thought leaders at Google, IBM and founders of many of today‘s fastest growing startups.
- Take on the challenge to mine and analyze data from the fastest growing retailers and be a crucial part in shaping our clients’ success. Drive and optimize the product development of the next generation marketing platform.
- Data models and innovative algorithms are the key to Bidnamic’s unique technology and you are ready to leave your mark
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to explain important information and insights of your work to colleagues, clients or public relations
We like to see proven expert abilities in:
- A variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc. and their real-world advantages/drawbacks).
- Manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, SciKit-Learn, Panda, NumPy/SciPy etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from databases and large data sets
- Knowledge of advanced statistical and data mining techniques (GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, Neural networks, NLP, text mining, etc.) and experience of application.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ideally in the field of product development
Developer skill set requirements:
- Python ( + 4 years of experience)
- Postgres / Mongo databases
- Continuous Integration/Deployment with SaltStack, Terraform and Beanstalk
- Experience using AWS (e.g. EC2, S3,SES)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Celery, RabbitMQ and SQS.
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience developing on a micro services architecture
Considered as a plus:
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google BigData, Bing Ads
- Experience with front-end dev using React or Angular
- Experience Redis
- Experience developing with Google APIs